What group should I ride with when I go to Ride Like A Girl?
If you've never attended an RLAG ride before you might be a little bewildered about which group to chose. Remember...it is always your choice.
And if you start off with a group that is going too slow, we try to hook you up with a faster group on the trail. If we are going too fast...well, there is really no such thing. The group goes the speed of the last rider. Please don;t ever feel like you are going too slow or slowing everyone down. We've all been there and that's why we have a "No Drop" policy!
And before you start apologizing...keep in mind that those at the front of the line were resting while you were catching up so riders in the front actually benefit from your more leisurely pace.
Except for the RED HOT Rider Group...we're out on the trail for fun, friendship and safety!
RIDE LIKE A GIRL
WHAT LEVEL RIDER ARE YOU?
BASIC GUIDELINE FOR DETERMINING THE BEST RIDE GROUP
- Mountain Bike riding less than 6 months
- Little if any Trail Riding
- Can ride Hike & Bike Trail for at least one hour without stopping
- Ride Leader will provide a lot of instruction.
- Mountain Biking 6 mos – 1 year on easy trails like Walnut Creek
- Still using platform pedals
- Can ride off the curb and down little drops
- Can ride over small logs in the trail
- Can ride Hike & Bike Trail for at least two hours without stopping
- Ride Leader will provide some instruction and will stop frequently
- Mountain Biking on trails more than one year
- Using clipless pedals
- Can ride up curb and lift front wheel over small logs and ledges
- Can ride down 1 ft drops
- Can ride across creeks and up other side
- Can ride fast on easy trails for 1 hour without stopping
- Can ride 2-4 hours with little stopping
- Ride Leader will provide instruction “as needed” with little stopping.
- Can ride up technical climbs
- Can ride down big hills fast
- Can drop ledges greater than 1 foot high
- Skilled and fit enough to be Cat 3 racer
- Can trail ride 3-5 hours with little stopping
- Little or no instruction. Pace based on group.
RED HOT RIDER / FAST INTERMEDIATE:
- Skilled and fit enough to be Cat 1 or 2 racer
- Advanced technical skills
- Advanced endurance
- No instruction. Race pace.